Cougar Arts: Explore, Design, Solve
The Arts Department at The Clariden School’s Mission is to provide an authentic arts experience that honors the creative process while providing a foundation of solid technical training while having fun. We aim to promotes creative expression, communication skills, problem solving, and innovative thinking through courses designed to foster a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
Visual, Graphic & Decorative Arts
Watercolors to oils. Clay to kiln. Mixed-media sculpting to 3D printing. Multi-media design across Adobe’s Creative Suite. Clariden is equipped with a robust Arts Department. Our dedicated and experienced arts education team delivers curriculum tailored to each grade level. They combine art history, theory, culture, technique, expression, and creativity.
Clariden Arts Department leads our community in:
- Exploration in art through literature and PBL incorporation.
- Graphic design, marketing & branding for our STEAM and competitive projects.
- Yearbook photography, layout, design and publishing.
- Set design for all school productions.
- Cinematography training for our annual student film festival.
- Exploration in character, game and digital illustration.
Music & Voice
Understanding sound, movement, notes, and composition are all a priority at Clariden. We understand the significance of music in enhancing creativity and learning. Students participate in music instruction from Cougar Prep through Upper School. Our music program enables students to explore many aspects of music including how to read and write music, understand the science behind how sounds are created, play musical instruments, and use one’s voice. Student project examples led by our incredibly gifted music educator include:
- Fall Winter Concert, Spring Talent Show.
- Musical mixing and editing for STEAM projects.
- Musical scoring assistance for our student film festival.
- Musical performances for our theatrical productions and special events.
Movement & Dance
Movement and motion are a core part of our music education. We also offer Dance as an elective exercise class in addition to a traditional Physical Education class. Students taking this class get a cardio workout and learn a variety of styles of dance. In addition, our full-time Music, Dance and Theater educator leads students in:
- Halloween Dance Performance
- Winter Concert Performance
- Talent Show Performance
- End-of-Year Ceremony
- Choreography for all theatrical performances
Theater, Film & Videography
From our student-made films to our annual theater productions, Clariden students have the opportunity to participate in a number of theatrical experiences. There are roles at the sound board, behind the curtain or camera, on center stage, and in set design. There’s always something to match students’ interests and innate talents.